The data is stored in the database in tables. However, tables may not be the only objects in the database. A database may have other objects like views, stored procedures and functions. These other objects help the users access the data in required forms. The data itself is stored in the tables. Database testing involves finding out the answers to the following questions:
Questions related to database structure
1. Is the data organized well logically?
2. Does the database perform well?
3. Do the database objects like views, triggers, stored procedures, functions and jobs work correctly?
4. Does the database implement constraints to allow only correct data to be stored in it?
5. Is the data secure from unauthorized access?
Questions related to data
1. Is the data complete?