The following list contains components you would find in both a wired and a wireless network:
• Wireless router
• Wireless access point
• Wireless network interface card (NIC)
In a 1- to 2-page paper, address the following:
• Describe the function and purpose of each component above.
• Explain how the components are related to each other. For example, does the component depend on another to operate? Is it connected to the network physically or wirelessly?
• Identify whether the component is optional or required in a wireless network. If it is an optional component, explain why it would or would not be used in a WLAN.
• Complete an Internet search for the average cost of each component and include the cost in your description. Reference the website(s) you used to locate this information.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.