Final Project Description
For the Final Project in this course, you will conduct a Personal Skills Inventory, write an essay about your skills, and explain how you plan to improve them.
The weekly readings and assignments help you to identify information you can use to complete your Personal Skills Inventory. The Personal Skills Inventory Chart is in the Week 1 Resources Section.
Final Project: Personal Skills Inventory Essay
For the Final Project, you will analyze your communication skills.Use the Personal Skills Inventory Chart to help you gather information for the Final Project as you complete each week. Based on the information you have gathered, you will write an essay that is at least 1,000 words in length.
In the essay, first, you write a section where you analyze your face-to-face and online communication skills. Second, you identify from the following list two additional skills that you wish to improve:
- Writing skills
- Academic Integrity skills
- Social Networking skills
- Time Management skills
- Library skills
- Technology/Computer skills
For each skill, including communication skills, you will:
- Explain why the skill is important to you for personal and academic settings;
- Identify which upcoming courses in your degree program will best help you improve the skill;
- Identify one or two Walden services you will use to help you improve the skill;
- Identify at least one person in your personal network who will help you improve the skill.
To prepare for the Final Project:
- Weekly readings and activities throughout the course will assist you with gathering information for the Final Project and identifying skills you wish to improve. Additionally, each week highlights resources that may be useful for the Final Project.
The assignment for the Final Project:
- Write an essay that is at least 1,000 words in length based on the information from your Personal Skills Inventory Chart.
- You will write about three skills total: communication skills and two others that you choose from the list above.
- As you write, do so with academic integrity.
- Demonstrate the academic communication skills you have learned in this course, such as citing sources and attempting to do so in proper APA style.