Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper in which you examine the historical development of the American Courts.
· Summarize the common law heritage and the evolution of American law from its British roots, including the role and development of precedence, stare decisis, and trial by jury.
· Describe the evolution of courts in the United States, including the influence of the Magna Carta, colonial courts, and foreign legal heritage.
· Compare and contrast state and federal court systems.
· Differentiate between the trial court and appellate court.
· What historical elements inherited by modern courts would you change if you could? Explain how or why this change might have an effect today.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
In America, this country is a nation, which is consideredto be the leader of the free world. Many people began to travel to this country in search of the American dream. America was a nation that was foundedon free believes and freedoms for each person. Much of this was demonstratedand made possible because of our democratic ways. Within American society these ideas grew and were madepossible by the way, the citizensmolded our criminal justice system. The history of the U.S. criminal courts is one that has evolved ove