Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper that compares and contrasts jails and prisons. Address to following topics in your comparison:
· Identify the various types of prisons.
· Compare the roles of jails and prisons in the U.S. correctional systems and explain why both play an important role in the criminal justice system.
· Explain the advantages and disadvantages of probation and parole.
· Explain the role of community-based corrections programs.
· Consider arguments for and against the privatization of prisons.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Jail and Prisons
There are many challenges that face the criminal justice system. There are many levels that exist within the criminal justice system in general. There are countless diversedimensions and departments that exist within the criminal justice system. These departments are supposedto do everythingthey can to coexist and help one another to operate at their most efficient level possible. Althoughthey attempt to work together for the better good of the criminal justice system, there are still challenges that exist. Some of these challenges exist in the form of minor differences. In this paper an examination of jails and prisons will be made. A comparison and contrast of the jails and prisons will be made. In addition, an attempt to identify various types of prisons will be established. A comparison of th