Navigate to the National Criminal Justice Reference Service website (https://www.ncjrs.gov/)
Go to the Site Search box
Enter the following: Juvenile Arrests 2008.
Read the “Juvenile Arrests 2008” bulletin by Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention
Resource: National Criminal Justice Reference Service article “Juvenile Arrests 2008,”
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper summarizing the key points of the “Juvenile Arrests 2008” article. Address the following in your paper:
· The overall decrease in juvenile arrests.
· The increase in drug offenses and simple assaults.
· Implications for juvenile females and members of ethnic and racial minorities.
· The increase in arrests of juvenile females and the decrease in arrests of male juvenile offenders for violent crimes.
· An assessment of tracking juvenile arrests as a method of measuring the amount of and trends in juvenile crime.