The 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) developed the 3GPP Long-Term Evolution (LTE) standard for wireless communications technology. It is regarded as an evolution of the Global System for Mobile Communication (GSM), the Universal Mobile Telecommunications Systems (UMTS), and other standards. It is also known as the 4G LTE. The competition among the carriers to support 4G LTE networks has been very fierce as evidenced by TV commercials targeting smartphone users. Many smartphones run on 3G networks.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
1. Compare and contrast 3G wireless networks to 4G networks in terms of:
a. Services and applications
b. Network architecture
c. Data throughput
d. User perceptions
2. Distinguish between the 4G LTE, 4G WiMax, and 4G WiBro networks based on:
a. Upload and download speeds
b. User perceptions
c. Backward compatibility
d. Service availability
3. Identify why the competition between the 4G LTE carriers has been so fierce and describe the benefits of this competition to the subscribers.
4. In January 2012, Verizon stated that 4G LTE is available in 190 cities covering 200 million American subscribers. According to AT&T’s Website, they had plans for covering 20 million Americans in 15 markets by end of 2011. Conclude why Verizon is able to cover more markets than AT&T.
5. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources. You may use the resources above or others of your choosing.
In a rapidly moving economy, there exists a basic need for communication and for this purpose, instantaneous access to information irrespective of time and location. Back in time, Cellular data networks; also known as cellular generation, passed a development of cellular communications. This advanc