In the video that you watched, a grocery clerk brought a woman that had gone into labor to the hospital,
using the grocery store’s vehicle. The woman arrived at the hospital in time, but the employee ran over
Melnick’s dog. Melnick came to the store to complain to the manager.
Discuss the case. Answer the following questions in your response:
1. Analyze the Doctrine of Respondeat Superior.
2. What factors are considered in determining whether a particular act is subject to Respondeat
3. In the scenario, what tort is being used by the plaintiff?
4. What defenses are available to the defendant?
In responding to the question be sure to:
• Analyze the Doctrine of Respondeat Superior.
• Discuss the factors considered in determining whether an employer will be liable for an
• Evaluate the tort in the given scenario.
• Discuss the defenses available to the employer under Respondeat Superior.