In each of the assignments in this course, you will be dealing with the following scenario: American Intellectual Union (AIU) has assembled a team of researchers in the United States and around the world to study job satisfaction. Congratulations, you have been selected to participate in this massive global undertaking.
The study will require that you examine data, analyze the results, and share the results with groups of other researchers. Job satisfaction is important to companies large and small, and understanding it provides managers with insights into human behavior that can be used to strengthen the company's bottom line.
The data set for the study is a sample of a survey conducted on the population of the American Intellectual Union (AIU). This session's unique data set may be found in the LEARNING MATERIALS and it contains the following nine sections of data that will be used throughout our course:
In the first assignment you are to complete the following:
1. Identify the data you selected.
2. Explain why the data was selected.
3. Explain what was learned by examining these sets of data.
4. Your analysis should include using Microsoft Excel to obtain information about the data through the use of three measures of central tendency (mean, median, mode).
5. Your analysis should also include the use of two measures of variability (standard deviation and variance). Some measures are appropriate for qualitative data, and some are appropriate for quantitative data.
6. If a measure is not applicable, then explain why.
7. You will have to also provide one chart/graph for each of the results of the two processed sections of data (2 total), such as a pie or bar chart or a histogram. (A table is not a chart/graph.) Ensure that you label the chart/graph clearly.
8. You will then need to discuss what you additionally learned from the results of this process.
9. Explain why charts/graphs are important in conveying information in a visual format and why standard deviation and variation are important.
You will need to combine all of the items above into one comprehensive report. This report must be completed in Microsoft Word and should contain: