Inquiring Minds Want to Know--Now!--Penton Study
1. Build the management-research question hierarchy.
2. What ethical issues are relevant to this study?
3. Describe the sampling plan. Analyze its strengths and weaknesses.
4. Describe the research design. Analyze its strengths and weaknesses.
5. Critique the survey used for the study.
6. Prepare the survey for analysis. Set up the code sheet for this study. How will this study be set up to be tabulated by a statistical analysis program like SPSS?
7. Assume you are compiling your research report. How would you present the statistical information within this case to the IndustryWeek decision maker, the manager who must decide whether or not to continue to publish reader service cards?
8. Assume you are compiling your research report. What are the limitations of this study?
9. Assume you are the decision maker for IndustryWeek. Given the declining value of the reader response card to subscribers, originally designed as a value-enhancing service to IW readers and advertisers alike, what further research might be suggested by the findings of this study? Or do you have sufficient information to stop the use of the reader response cards in IndustryWeek?