To participate in the following discussions, go to this week's Discussion link in the left navigation.
Cognitive and Non-Cognitive Abilities
1. Describe the cognitive and non-cognitive abilities relating to Emotional Intelligence. Provide an example of how you might use EQ in your daily life. Respond to at least two of your peers for this posting with suggestions that might work for them within their daily lives.
ERG Theory and Maslow's Hierarchy
2. Describe the similarities and differences between the ERG Theory and Maslow's Hierarchy. How have you used either of the two theories in daily life? Respond to at least two of your peers for this posting.
To complete the following assignment, go to this week's Assignment link in the left navigation.
HR Performance Issues and Motivation
The relationship between the organization and its members can be greatly influenced by what motivates individuals to work. The style of leadership, job design, resources on the job, and environment can all have a significant effect on the satisfaction of employees and their performance. Performance is also influenced by individual motivations (e.g., social, recognition, financial reward, personal growth and development, and/or intrinsic satisfaction) and can equally impact the organization. There are many theories that attempt to explain the nature of motivation. Write a four- to five-page paper (excluding the title and reference pages) evaluating the relationship between motivation, job satisfaction, and work performance. Be sure to address the following:
- Describe a performance issue which resulted from a motivational problem (what, why, who).
- Use a content theory of motivation (e.g., Maslow, Alderfer, Herzberg, or McClelland) or a process theory (i.e., Adams, Locke, or Heider and Kelley) to explain how the issue creates a performance problem for the organization.
- Use the theory of motivation you selected to describe an intervention/action to change the motivation/behavior and correct the performance problem.
Your paper must use a minimum of three scholarly sources, in addition to the textbook. Your paper must be formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center..
Bus 610 we