To participate in the following discussions, go to this week's Discussion link in the left navigation.
In a 250 word response, analyze how communication in groups differs from individual communication. Are there unique challenges to communicating with groups? Provide examples. Use at least one resource to support your key points. Respond to at least two of your fellow students' posts.
In a 250 word response, describe how you would build rapport with your audience in a business presentation. What motivational strategies have you used in the past that were successful or what strategies have you seen speakers use that were effective? Use at least one resource to support your key points. Respond to at least two of your fellow students' posts.
To complete the following assignment, go to this week's Final Paper link in the left navigation.
Focus of the Final Paper
The final research project requires you to choose a specific topic relevant to organizational communication processes, research that topic incorporating sources (literature review), analyze the issue in a real world organization, and present your findings. The final paper should be 8-10 pages (excluding title and reference pages), double spaced, and formatted in APA.
Identify an organizational communication concept that is particularly interesting to you and that you would like to learn more about. Potential topics include: international and intercultural communication, communication competence in the workplace, diversity and communication, leadership communication, communication and decision making, communication in groups/teams, and communication technology in organizations.
Identify an organization with which you are familiar and apply your research on the communication concept you selected to the organization. What did you learn about the concept by applying it to your selected organization? What did you learn about the organization by applying the organizational communication concept? Propose a specific program, training or course of action that you believe could potentially improve communication in the organization. Be sure your recommendations are supported by analysis of your research. Use at least six resources, three of them from Ashford’s online library databases.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
1. Must be eight double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
2. Must include a title page with the following:
a. Title of paper
b. Student’s name
c. Course name and number
d. Instructor’s name
e. Date submitted
3. Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
4. Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
5. Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
6. Must use at least six scholarly resources, including a minimum of three from the Ashford Online Library.
7. Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
8. Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
Bus 600 Ass