BUS 520 Assignment 3 Part I: Leadership Style: How Are Leaders Leading in the 21st Century?
Due Week 10 and worth 200 points
Choose the CEO of one of the following organizations for this assignment: Google, Zappos, Southwest Airlines, Hewlett Packard, Xerox, W.L. Gore, DuPont, or Procter & Gamble. Use the Internet to investigate the leadership style and effectiveness of the selected CEO.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
1. Describe the leadership style of the CEO.
2. Analyze the CEO’s leadership style and philosophy, and how the CEO’s leadership style aligns with the culture.
3. Examine the CEO’s personal and organizational values.
4. Evaluate how the values of the CEO are likely to influence ethical behavior within the organization.
5. Determine the CEO’s three (3) greatest strengths and three (3) greatest weaknesses as a leader. Provide a rationale to support your response.
6. Recommend changes the CEO should consider to improve as a leader in the 21st Century. Provide a rationale to support your response.
7. Assess how communication and collaboration, and power and politics influence group (i.e., the organization’s) dynamics for the selected organization.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Analyze the formation and dynamics of group behavior and work teams, including the application of power in groups.
• Outline various individual and group decision-making processes and key factors affecting these processes, including ethical considerations.
• Examine the communication process, the primary conflict levels, and the process for negotiating resolutions within organizations.
• Examine how power and influence empower and affect office politics, political interpretations, and political behavior.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in organizational behavior.
• Write clearly and concisely about organizational behavior using proper writing mechanics
Leadership is a good combination of character and strategy. The character of l