Choose a model or theory of helping which is not addressed in the class and get approval for the topic from the faculty member. Make sure that you have chosen a topic on which adequate research and writing is available to support your presentation.
Each Learning Team member must be involved and contribute to the development of the presentations, and each student’s part must be documented.
Write a 700-1700 word paper.
Include the following information in your paper:
· The history of the development of the theory;
· the beliefs on which it is based;
· the important contributors or practitioners of the theory;
· the theory of helping;
· the relationship between the helper and the client;
· some techniques or approaches developed;
· the kinds of problems addressed;
· the populations on which the techniques are used;
· multicultural issues in using these approaches; and
· research findings on the model or theory.
Dream Analysis Model of Effective Helping
The captivation that people have with dreams is nothing knew. It has mesmerized people as far back as antiquated times. From “The Mesopotamians, Hebrews, Babylonians, Chinese, Greeks, and Romans all valued dream interpretation and early psychologists (Freud, 1900/1970; Jung, 1945/1993) wrote of the value of dream interpretation in spurring client insight” (Myers, 2006, p. 1). There are many models or theories of effective helping. In this paper, Team Aexamines the effective helping model of Dream Analysis. The team gives a brief history and beliefs of the model, the important contributor and theory of helping, and the relationship between helper and client. The team also explores the techniques and approaches of the model, the problems addressed, and the population using the techniques as well as the multicultural issues and research findings of this model.