Broyles Textbook Practice Exercise
Complete "Practice Exercise 1" (page 157) and "Practice Exercise 11" (page 180) in the textbook. For the data set listed, use Excel to extract the mean and standard deviation for the sample of lengths of stay for cardiac patients. Use the following Excel steps:
1) Enter the data set into Excel.
2) Click on the Data tab at the top.
3) Highlight your data set with your mouse.
4) Click on the Data Analysis tab at the top right.
5) Click on Descriptive Statistics in the analysis tool list.
6) Find the mean and standard deviation of the data sets.
7) Send the results to instructor via e-mail, along with your analysis of the description of the data set.
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
1) Write a paper (750-1,000 words) regarding the use of the Spearman rank correlation coefficient by Messina, et al. in "The Relationship between Patient Satisfaction and Inpatient Admissions Across Teaching and Nonteaching Hospitals," listed in the module readings.
2) Comment on what variables were used; whether it answered the research question; and whether the Spearman rank correlation coefficient is appropriately used, given the requirements of the Spearman rank correlation coefficient.
3) Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
4) This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
The Use of the Spearman Rank Correlation Coefficient by Messina, Et A