BA430 Week Eight Short paragraph answers needed
1. What is the difference between Juran’s definition of Strategic Quality Management and Madu and Kuei’s definition of Strategic Total Quality Management?
2. What is the difference between validity and reliability?
3. Describe of the seven tools of management and how management can benefit from using them.
4. What are work instructions? Discuss the role of work instructions.
5. Define experimental design. Discuss the importance of experimental design as a tool.
6. Discuss the three general types of error that can occur in problem solving. Give examples.
7. Describe and discuss Benchmarking.
8. Discuss the differences in Variables and Attributes data. Give examples of data.
9. Compare and contrast Deming and Crosby’s views on the cost associate with a lost customer.
10. Discuss the barriers to quality improvement efforts.
1. Juran thinks that the quality of the product is related to the products performance. Madu & Kuei believe that the quality is the main driving force that will support the company in the survivability & competitiveness. This company will be able to reduce costs, improve productivity, & improve their corporate image. Juran focuses on the quality trilogy which includes quality planning, control and improvements that will be able to support the company to improve their products that are offered to the public.
2. Reliability is the extent in which you measure a variable/concept is consistent, so that repeated measures would have similar results.
Validity is the extent in which you measure the item in question. It deals with the design of the measurement instrument. You could possibly think that you are assessing a particular attitude or opinion, i/e. but the people who are really taking the poll or survey that you designed could be thinking of something else when answering the questions, therefore affecting the validity of your measurement.