In week one, you were instructed to contact companies who might grant a short interview so you are able to gain information about how mid-level managers interact. Conduct an interview with two individuals at mid-level manager levels within a company with international operations to determine how they personally interact with the people in similar levels in the organization’s counterparts abroad. Focus on similarities and differences in communication styles and what types of strategies they have determined work most effectively.
Write an 2200 words paper in which you:
1. Summarize the scope of the international operation.
2. Compare the international operation’s strategic process with that of the domestic location.
3. Assess the strengths and weaknesses of the interaction between the two parties in the two locations.
4. Recommend adaptive strategies to improve the interactions between the two parties.
5. Assess the variance, if any, in the level of authority and decision making abilities of the individuals in the two locations.
6. Determine how ethical differences might factor into these relationships.
Your assignment must:
? Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
? Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
? Analyze the major economic, social/cultural, technology, and political/legal aspects of the international business environment to identify opportunities and threats for a firm’s operations.
? Develop an ethical framework for conducting international business and making ethical decisions.
? Develop an organizational structure and controls to support international business operations.
? Use technology and information resources to research issues in international business strategy.
? Write clearly and concisely about international business strategy using proper writing mechanics.