Assignment 2: Using Animals in Research (APA + References+ All Discussed)
Access the following website that describes why it is important to use animals in research:
http://www.apa.org/science/animal2.html. Examine the guidelines developed by the American Psychological Association's Committee on Animal Research and Ethics (CARE): http://www.apa.org/science/anguide.html.
Then read an alternative point of view, from the animal rights perspective:http://peta.com/.
- What is your opinion of using animals for research?
- Was your opinion affected by the readings for this assignment?
- Under what circumstances, or for which types of research projects would you advocate for the use of animals in research?
- Do you think the use of advanced technology like functional MRI will eventually make animal testing obsolete?
- What safeguards you think would be needed in order to protect participants with the use of neuroimaging methods?