Assignment 2: Negotiation and Decision Making Styles Dialogue
Competitive positioning and successful operation in the global market requires knowledge and experience in decision making and negotiation processes of managers from various countries. It is crucial for international managers to explore the distinctions among cultures and how these distinctions could affect decision making styles and processes. For this assignment, select a country (except Canada) in which you are interested, and imagine yourself immersed in a discussion with an employee from that country.
Write a 900 words paper in which you:
- Briefly outline the global market situation that is creating conflict and requires negotiation that will lead to decision making.
- Identify four (4) possible verbal and nonverbal communication barriers.
- Create a negotiation dialogue between employees from each country that illustrates three (3) possible obstacles to reaching a decision about the conflict. For instance, obstacles could include language barriers, different views of how employees should be treated (vacation policies, benefits), or communication protocols.
- Apply one of the cultural decision making styles to the negotiation for each character to reach a conclusion.
- Analyze three (3) primary ethical challenges that may differ from the U.S. ethical practices during this interchange.
- Use at least five (5) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
Your assignment must:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Adapt leadership styles and operating norms to fit cultural differences, improve communications, and enhance performance in diverse work environments.
- Formulate, implement, and evaluate effective business strategies based on an analysis of global operating environments, market dynamics, and internal capabilities.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in international business strategy.
- Write clearly and concisely about international business strategy using proper writing mechanics.