1. (Examine the change in amphetamine use and abuse in the U.S. from the 1950s to the present.)
2. (Explain to which schedule amphetamines belong and why they are on the Schedule of Controlled Substances.)
3. Explain the effects Aaliyah might be experiencing as a result of her regular amphetamine use. Be sure to include: Acute effects, chronic effects, and withdrawal Effects on physiology (brain and body), behavior, mood, and toxicity.
4. Give at least three indications from the case study suggesting there may be a problem with Aaliyah's substance use. That is, describe at least three likely behaviors that Aaliyah is likely to exhibit if she is misusing amphetamines.
5. - Use DSM-IV-TR criteria to determine whether Aaliyah has a substance abuse or a substance dependence problem.