Point(s) awarded will be based on the accuracy and quality of work submitted. (10 total points available) Complete :
Source – Taxation of Individual and Business Entities
· Chapter 5, Problem number 37 ( 2 pt)
· Chapter 5, Problem Number 40 (2 pt)
· Chapter 6, Problem number 38 (2 pts)
· Chapter 8, Problem Number 48 (2 pts)
· Chapter 8, Problem Number 50 (2 pts)
For the following independent cases, determine whether economic income is present and, if so, whether it must be included in gross income (that is, is it realized and recognized for tax purposes?).
a.Asia owns stock that is listed on the New York Exchange, and this year the stock increased in value by $20,000.
b.Ben sold stock for $10,000 and paid sales commission of $250. Ben