1) The Sarbanes-Oxley Act requires that all publicly traded companies maintain a system of internal controls. acc 291 final exam. Internal controls can be defined as a plan to
2) The purchase of treasury stock
3) Marsh Company has other operating expenses of $240,000. There has been an increase in prepaid expenses of $16,000 during the year, and accrued liabilities are $24,000 lower than in the prior period. acc 291 final exam. Using the direct method of reporting cash flows from operating activities, what were Marsh's cash payments for operating expenses?
4) Where would the event purchased land for cash appear, if at all, on the indirect statement of cash flows?
5) In performing a vertical analysis, the base for cost of goods sold is
6) Blanco, Inc. has the following income statement (in millions):
7) Dawson Company issued 500 shares of no-par common stock for $4,500. Which of the following journal entries would be made if the stock has a stated value of $2 per share?
8) Andrews, Inc. paid $45,000 to buy back 9,000 shares of its $1 par value common stock. acc 291 final exam. This stock was sold later at a selling price of $6 per share. The entry to record the sale includes a
9) Which of the following is a fundamental factor in having an effective, ethical corporate culture?
10) Two individuals at a retail store work the same cash register. You evaluate this situation as
11) The Sarbanes-Oxley Act imposed which new penalty for executives?
12) Hahn Company uses the percentage of sales method for recording bad debts expense. For the year, cash sales are $300,000 and credit sales are $1,200,000. Management estimates that 1% is the sales percentage to use. What adjusting entry will Hahn Company make to record the bad debts expense?
13) Using the percentage of receivables method for recording bad debts expense, estimated uncollectible accounts are $15,000. If the balance of the Allowance for Doubtful Accounts is $3,000 credit before adjustment, what is the amount of bad debts expense for that period?
14) Intangible assets
15) Intangible assets are the rights and privileges that result from ownership of long-lived assets that
16) The book value of an asset is equal to the
17) Gains on an exchange of plant assets that has commercial substance are
18) Ordinary repairs are expenditures to maintain the operating efficiency of a plant asset and are referred to as
19) When an interest-bearing note matures, the balance in the Notes Payable account is
20) The interest charged on a $200,000 note payable, at a rate of 6%, on a 2-month note would be
21) Costs incurred to increase the operating efficiency or useful life of a plant asset are referred to as
22) If a corporation issued $3,000,000 in bonds which pay 10% annual interest, what is the annual net cash cost of this borrowing if the income tax rate is 30%?
23) Hilton Company issued a four-year interest-bearing note payable for $300,000 on January 1, 2011. Each January the company is required to pay $75,000 on the note. How will this note be reported on the December 31, 2012 balance sheet?
24) A corporation issued $600,000, 10%, 5-year bonds on January 1, 2011 for 648,666, which reflects an effective-interest rate of 8%. acc 291 final exam. Interest is paid semiannually on January 1 and July 1. If the corporation uses the effective-interest method of amortization of bond premium, the amount of bond interest expense to be recognized on July 1, 2011, is
25) When the effective-interest method of bond discount amortization is used
26) If a corporation has only one class of stock, it is referred to as
27) Capital stock to which the charter has assigned a value per share is called
28) ABC, Inc. has 1,000 shares of 5%, $100 par value, cumulative preferred stock and 50,000 shares of $1 par value common stock outstanding at December 31, 2011. What is the annual dividend on the preferred stock?
29) Manner, Inc. has 5,000 shares of 5%, $100 par value, noncumulative preferred stock and 20,000 shares of $1 par value common stock outstanding at December 31, 2011. acc 291 final exam. There were no dividends declared in 2010. The board of directors declares and pays a $45,000 dividend in 2011. What is the amount of dividends received by the common stockholders in 2011?
30) When the selling price of treasury stock is greater than its cost, the company credits the difference to
ACC 291 Final Exa