1. What was the Cold War and why was if "fought?" Who bears the ultimate responsibility for the Cold War, the U.S. or the Soviet Union? Discuss the relative degrees of responsibility. In your discussion, include some major developments/events of the Cold War to emphasize your points. Do you think we are in a Cold War today? Why or why not?
2. What were the underlying causes of WW II? What specific steps did Nazi Germany and Japan take that led to war? Given those steps, do you think WW II was inevitable or could it have been avoided? Explain.
3. What significant political, social, and economic changes have occurred in Canada and the U.S. since WW II? What do you believe the most significant developments are? Why?
4. What factors contributed to the economic success of Japan and the "little tigers" after WW II? What role did the U.S. play in the redevelopment of Japan? What are some of the negative side effects of the economic growth in Japan and S.E. Asia?
5. What were the main social, political, and economic characteristics of life in the Soviet Union under Communist rule? What reforms did Gorbachev introduce and how did they change things? Why did the Soviet Union collapse in 1991 and what took its place?
|$10.00||no category||mikzkip||1 time(s)|