1. Give a working definition of nationalism, imperialism, and colonialism. What were the driving factors that led nations to develop colonies and colonial empires? Think of the economic reasons as well as the political and social reasons. What was the justification for colonies? Did colonies benefit from the relationship? If so, how?
2. What was the Congress of Vienna and the Concert of Europe? Who were the main "players?" What were the primary objectives of the Congress? Why? Were the objectives realized? Why or why not?
3. What is meant by the term enlightened absolutism? To what degree were Joseph II, Frederick II, and Catherine the Great enlightened rulers? What do you think their main objectives were as rulers?
4. What were the Triple Alliance and the Triple Entente? What specifically led to the formation of both? How did Germany threaten the balance of power in Europe in the latter part of the 19th century?
5. Specifically, what were the immediate (very short term) and long-term causes of World War I? How did nationalism, militarism, and the alliance system contribute to the start of the War? What do I mean by militarism?
|$10.00||no category||mikzkip||1 time(s)|
|$12.00||no category||litterateur||0 time(s)|