Select one of the following articles to analyze:
Time to Scrap Performance Appraisals by Josh Bersin, May 6, 2013 Forbes Magazine or
Make Performance Appraisal Changes Friendly by Edwin Lawler, III, July 29, 2013, Forbes Magazines
Answer the following questions separately (make sure you include the question with your response):
- Summarize the key points in the selected article. You need to show an in-depth understanding and knowledge of the points made by the author in relationship to Performance Appraisals.
- Do you agree or disagree with the points made by the author? Explain your reasoning with your theory on why companies should or should not have Performance Appraisals.
- To support your theory additional research is needed. Find an academic article (from a valid business source such as Forbes, Fortune, Bloomberg News, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, etc.) that backs up your theory on whether companies should or should not have performance appraisals. Once you locate the article summarize the key points the author makes and explain why it coincides with your points. This is a good exercise to test your research skills.
- Microsoft Word Document with APA formatting and 12 pt. font double spaced
- Provide a title page, minimum 3 pages of content and a separate reference page (include the article noted above plus information from the Units and other credible sources to support your views)
- Cite all your sources and include them in your Reference (APA format guidelines under Course Information)
- Each question should be answered separately with two to three paragraphs of substantiate data.
Important: The purpose of this assignment is to measure the student's understanding of the lessons learned via class lectures, supporting documentations within the Units and your own research. Cutting and pasting from a resource is not allowed. You need to research a topic for full understanding and then present the information in your own words. All information that is reworded or restated still needs to be cited in accord with APA guidelines. Safe Assign may be used to prevent plagiarism and to create opportunities to help students identify how to properly attribute sources
Please Login or Register
to Submit the Solution for the Request