- Choose one of the following theories, the case study of (Carol), from the attachement,and chosen theory to complete all of the questions in this assignment.
- Assess the client being described in the written transcript.
- Assess that client’s related issues using the questions provided.
Using (Carol) as the case study and only one counseling theory throughout your paper, provide a detailed response to each of the following questions. For example, if you chose Carol and Psychoanalytic Theory, you would answer all of the following questions about Carol using the psychoanalytic theory.
- Based upon all that you know about your client, identify and describe what in your opinion is your client’s most significant problem? This may or may not be the stated “Reason for referral” that is written at the start of each profile. Give a detailed rationale for your assessment and provide supporting evidence from the profile
- Identify at least two secondary problems from the client’s profile that should be addressed at some point in the counseling process. Explain your rationale in some detail for choosing each of these with supporting evidence from the written profile and/transcript
- Using your chosen counseling theory, describe what your theory says about the possible cause or origin of the primary problem discussed in question 1 above. Here, you are trying to explain the assumptions your chosen theory makes about problems that might be seen in a counseling situation. For example if you assessed your client’s primary problem as low self-esteem, a psychoanalytic therapist would delve into the unconscious whereas an Adlerian would explore family history and a reality therapist would look at choices the person has previously made. Explain in detail by including concepts and terms from your chosen counseling theory to support your perspective.
- Explain at least three counseling techniques or core principles from your chosen counseling theory that could be used to address the primary and secondary problems of your client. Explain how each of these techniques or principles would be applied in the counseling session and the expected outcome of each.
- Given what you know about your client’s situation, identify one cultural issue that is significant in the client’s life outside of therapy or could become an issue between the client and therapist in the therapy session. After explaining the issue, explain two ways the therapist could sensitively address this cultural issue with the client in a way that that avoids stereotyping or bias. Remember to integrate your chosen theory into the discussion.
- If you were to see this client on an ongoing basis, describe the types of change or outcomes you could realistically expect to see in your client, in light of the primary and secondary problems mentioned earlier using your identified approach in therapy. Be specific and show how the process of therapy with this counseling approach would lead to the outcomes you discuss.
Your paper should be double-spaced and in 12 point, Times New Roman font with normal one-inch margins, written in APA style, and free of typographical and grammatical errors. It should include a title page with a running head, an abstract and a reference page. The body of the paper should be 8 pages in length, and follow criteria fully listed below
|Criteria to follow completely||
|Describe the client’s most significant problem from the profile/video and provide the rationale.
|Describe two secondary problems from the client’s profile/video and provide the rationale.
|Describe the assumptions the selected theory makes about the possible cause or origin of the primary problem.
|Explain at least three counseling techniques or core principles from the selected theory that could be applied in the counseling session to address the primary and secondary problems of the client and the expected outcome of each.
|Identify one cultural issue that is significant in the client’s life outside of therapy or could become an issue in counseling. Discuss two ways to sensitively address the issue to avoid stereotyping or bias while integrating the selected theory into the discussion.
|Describe the types of changes or outcomes that would be realistic to expect in the client over a period of time, in light of the primary and secondary problems mentioned earlier, given the counseling approach selected.
Style : Tone, Audience, Word Choice Organization : Introduction, Transitions, Conclusion Usage and Mechanics : Grammar, Spelling, Sentence structure APA Elements :Attribution, Paraphrasing, Quotations
Please Login or Register
to Submit the Solution for the Request