The Articles of Confederation was really the first attempt at a Constitution in the United States. The Articles of Confederation created a loose confederation of sovereign states and a weak central government, leaving most of the power with the state governments. The need for a much stronger federal government soon became apparent and eventually led to the Constitutional Convention in 1787 and ultimately to the Constitution that the United States continues to utilize to this day.
For this assignment, write a 500–700-word paper in which you compare and contrast how the Articles of Confederation and the Constitution handled each of the following topics:
- Legislative organization and powers.
- Executive and centralized powers.
- The judicial system.
- The adding of amendments.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Length: 500–700 words.
- Resources: Use at least two scholarly sources from the Capella library or Internet.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA (6th edition) style and formatting.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
Please Login or Register
to Submit the Solution for the Request