According to your textbook, a supernational organization is "an organization that is founded and operates…on the idea that international organizations can or should have authority higher than individual [countries] and those [countries] should be subordinate to the supernational organization" (Rourke & Boyer, 2010). One such supernational organization that the U.S. is strongly involved in is the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, otherwise known as NATO.
For this assignment, review the United States' involvement with NATO. You can use the Web sites listed in Resources, as well as additional information that you may find. Then, answer the following:
- When was NATO created and who were the founding members?
- What is its goal of the organization?
- Do you agree with this goal? Explain your thoughts on this goal and the focus of the supernational organization.
- How are decisions made in NATO?
- Can NATO make decisions on its own, without U.S. approval? Can NATO make decisions without the approval of other countries?
While content is the most important aspect of your paper; organization, readability, grammar, and spelling are also important. The length of your paper should be determined by its content, and it should follow APA format. Add headers as appropriate, include a reference page at the end of your paper, and be sure to properly cite and provide references for material you use in your paper, per APA guidelines. The paper you submit should be in a Word document or RTF format.
Once complete, attach your assignment in the assignment area, and submit it to your instructor. Refer to the Supernational Organization Scoring Guide to ensure you have met the requirements of the assignment, prior to submitting.
Please Login or Register
to Submit the Solution for the Request