You are the new HR Business Partner at a fictitious medium-size organization and it is your job to create an original (not copied from the text or other sources) handbook with many of the tools needed in the strategic staffing process. The body of the project should develop the following staffing tools:
- A definition of strategic staffing that supports the requirements of the organization.
- A description of the job analysis process and an example job analysis format.
- The approach to posting a position and the related rationale for taking that approach. Plus, a short example job posting.
- An example application form and an explanation of how it should be implemented and related reasoning for the approach recommended. Make sure your application form contains only legally permitted inquiries. (The corrected application form from Week 6 cannot be used.)
- Layout the interview process: (a) what is the organization’s interview philosophy? (b) provide some examples of good (non-generic and legally acceptable) interview questions. You may use some or all of the questions from your interview questions assignment (Week 5) as long as you did not receive feedback that they were generic. The questions from that assignment, however, were specific to a position you chose so you may want to standardize them to make them broader in scope. In other words, you are giving managers good examples of, perhaps, behavioral and/or situational questions that they could then customize for various positions.
- Describe the organizational philosophy and approach to pre-employment testing and assessment (performance, background/criminal, drug, etc.).
- Include three additional staffing elements that you believe are important to the staffing process. [If you are experiencing challenges with the final section (three other staffing elements) try using the Index or Table of Contents from the textbook for ideas. That way you won't accidentally include topics such as termination or discipline as these are not part of staffing.]
It is acceptable to use original information from your prior course assignments to help build this project (except the Week 6 Application Form). In the end, you should have a Strategic Staffing Handbook that you can reference in the future. Build this assignment for yourself!
Note that there is a tips and sample verbiage document in Doc Sharing that may help you get started on the Project. However, please note that NO verbiage from this document can be used in your Project.
The course project should be 10-12 full pages in length, double-spaced.
Milestones: (note- you must use the required template in Doc Sharing for this project- for both the draft and final version)
- The draft version of the project is due in Week 3 (approximately 25% of the work should be completed in draft form). (90 points).
- The final version of the project is due in Week 7. (250 points).
Submit your assignment to the Dropbox located on the silver tab at the top of this page. For instructions on how to use the Dropbox, read these step-by-step instructions or watch this Dropbox Tutorial.
See the Syllabus section "Due Dates for Assignments & Exams" for due date information.
Please Login or Register
to Submit the Solution for the Request