Focus of the Final Paper
Congratulations! You have just been called for your 3rd and final interview for a position as the food and beverage manager for the Ocean Beach Café. You have been asked to prepare a report for this interview in which you will address several items that are critical to your success and, more importantly, to the success of the Ocean Beach Café.
- The first item is to address the budget for the store. Identify who you would involve in this process and why. Also identify the type of budget you will use and how this will be helpful in your new job. Indicate how this can be used to discipline your managers.
- Your next area of concern is that of labor. Indicate how you would calculate labor cost and what can you do to control labor cost.
- You also need to address food cost. Identify internal controls that you can use to minimize your losses of food and beverages. Be sure to identify how inventories will be conducted and why this is important to your food and beverage cost.
- You have been informed that there is a planned renovation of the menu, so explain how the new menu relates to profitability. Also, indicate what CVP analysis and break even analysis are and how these should be used in making decisions regarding the menu.
- Finally, you have been asked to distinguish between price and value and to identify management’s responsibilities with regard to these.
Writing the Final Paper The Final Paper:
- Must be four to six double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- a. Title of paper b. Student’s name c. Course name and number d. Instructor’s name e. Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least three scholarly sources, including a minimum of two from the Ashford Online Library.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Please Login or Register
to Submit the Solution for the Request