Write a 5–6 page report describing the process you used to select the best three candidates for CapraTek's regional sales representative positions.
Recruiting candidates is only the first step in the hiring process. Evaluating candidates, selecting those to interview, conducting interviews and background screenings, presenting a job offer, and onboarding the new employee are subsequent tasks.
The Assessment 6 Context document provides additional information about these processes.
To deepen your understanding, you are encouraged to consider the questions below and discuss them with a fellow learner, a work associate, an interested friend, or a member of your professional community.
* Which employee development methods have you experienced in the workplace? How did these methods affect your retention and engagement? How could the manager have improved the strategies used to make them even more effective?
* What are the primary elements of an effective coaching style? How can a manager be a coach?
* How effective is a current or former manager's coaching style and use of coaching strategies?
* What are the key steps you would include in a company's internal recruiting and selection process manual?
* Why would an organization use a contract-to-hire approach to fill a job? How might an employee view this type of situation? Would you take a contract-to-hire job? Why or why not?
To prepare for this assessment, complete the following:
* Read Chapter 15 in Arthur's Recruiting, Interviewing, Selecting, and Orienting New Employees.
* Complete the Candidate Selection interactive media piece, linked in the Resources.
* Read the scenario below.
You have written a job description for CapraTek's regional sales representative positions and determined job requirements. Now it is time to determine testing methods and choose the top three candidates to interview.
After reviewing the CapraTek regional sales representative job description and requirements you developed for Assessment 5, use the Candidate Selection media piece to review the candidates' resumes. In a 5–6 page report, include the following in your explanation of the candidate selection process:
* Explain why and when candidate background checks will be authorized.
- Identify pre-employment screening tests for the position being recruited.
- Articulate possible legal issues associated with candidate screenings.
* Select assessment methods to use based on the job being recruited and the budget available.
- Develop the sequence in which methods will be used to screen applicants.
- Explain how technology will impact choice of screening and selection methods.
* Design a final candidate selection process for the position being recruited.
- Describe the method you would use to make your final hiring decision (compensatory, hurdles, weighted, et cetera).
- Determine which candidates meet the basic job requirements.
- Identify the top three candidates to interview for the position.
- Explain your rationale for why the selected candidates should be interviewed.
* Times New Roman font, 12 point.
* Double-spaced, typed pages.
* Arthur, D. (2012). Recruiting, interviewing, selecting, and orienting new employees (5th ed.). New York, NY: AMACOM.
* Use the transcript attached to analyze and apply initial screening methods for selecting candidates at CapraTek.
|$20.00||Business, Business||deepeyes||0 time(s)|