Create a diagram in which you illustrate the energy flow among organisms of a food chain in a particular ecosystem.
Select an ecosystem, such as a temperate forest, desert biome, or the Everglades.
Determine the interdependency of life in your ecosystem by examining its organisms.
Include the following:
- List the organisms that can be found in your ecosystem. What is the benefit of this biodiversity?
- Label major organisms that live in your selected ecosystem: P for producers, C for consumers, and D for decomposers.
Write a summary of your food chain that:
- Describes the major categories of organisms: producers, consumers, and decomposers.
- Describes the interactions between organisms in your ecosystem.
- Evaluates potential hazards caused by humans that might affect your ecosystem’s stability, such as environmental pollution. What effect does this hazard have on the biodiversity in your ecosystem?
- Lists the abiotic factors present in your ecosystem.
- Describes the food chains associated with your ecosystem. Address the following items:
- Name of the plant or animal
- What it eats
- What eats it
- How it has adapted to the ecosystem
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
Please Login or Register
to Submit the Solution for the Request