Respond to the following questions or problems using grammatically correct language and appropriate APA citations. To achieve a proficient grade in this assignment, answer the proficient-level queries for each question. To achieve a distinguished grade, answer both sets of queries for each question.
- Question 1:
- Describe the nature and purposes of the general journal, ledger, and chart of accounts.
- Describe the act of posting a transaction from the general journal to the ledger. What difficulties could arise if no cross-indexing existed between the general journal and the ledger accounts?
- Question 2:
- Prepare the journal entry required for each of the following transactions. Be sure to identify which part of the entry is the debit and which is the credit. Provide five correct responses:
- Cash was received for services performed for customers, $1,200.
- Services were performed for customers on account, $4,200.
- Purchased machinery for cash, $30,000.
- Capital stock was issued for $100,000.
- Salaries for a period were paid to employees, $24,000.
- Purchased a truck using a note payable, $35,000.
- Correctly prepare all of the journal entries for the transactions.
- Question 3:
- What are the purposes of an unadjusted trial balance? Describe the types of accounts that would appear on this type of trial balance.
- If you found that the total of the debits column of the trial balance for a company is $200,000, while the total of the credits column is $180,000, what are some possible causes of this difference?
- Question 4:
- A student remembered that the side toward the window in the classroom was the debit side of an account. The student took an examination in a room where the windows were on the other side of the room and became confused and consistently reversed debits and credits. Would the student's trial balance have equal debit and credit totals? If there were no existing balances in any of the accounts to begin with, would the error prevent the student from preparing correct financial statements? Why?
- Store equipment was purchased for $2,000. Instead of debiting the Store Equipment account, the debit was made to Delivery Equipment. Of what help will the trial balance be in locating this error?
- Question 5:
- What is the difference between horizontal and vertical analysis of financial statements?
- How is each type calculated and presented for viewing by company stakeholders?
- How is this type of analysis used by management?
Please Login or Register
to Submit the Solution for the Request