Carefully read through all components (listed below) required for completion of the Research Project. In selecting your project topic, ensure that you will be able to ascertain the appropriate data/information needed to complete the project in terms of the deliverables.
Select a health care organization (local or national, large or small, public or private) and perform a needs assessment/gap analysis. You may approach the Research Project from a (1) Human Resources, (2) Operations, or (3) Facilities perspective. You may select an organization in your own community.
- Human Resources: staffing, training, recruitment, retention, job function redesign, etc.
- Operations: delivery of service/care, access, wait times, equipment usage, process improvements, resource optimization, regulatory compliance, etc.
- Facilities: space planning, construction, redesign, relocation.
The components for the Research Project include the following:
- Title Page
- Executive Summary (Needs Content Criteria)
- Description of the organization (history, length in service/operation, how many beds? clients served? location; rural vs. urban, satellite locations, total number of staff, client usage information/demographics, etc.)
- Needs Assessment/Gap Analysis: What is not currently being offered? Room for improvements? Service delivery deficits? Personnel issues/shortages? Justify with supporting data and statistics.
- Propose an intervention (service or facility) based on the needs/gap analysis.
- Justify your proposed intervention by providing an analysis from:
- Managed care
- Health legislation
- Contracts perspectives
- Pick a minimum of three of the elements listed above depending on the organization selected and which apply to the specific organization/situation selected.
- Create a plan to implement your intervention. Identify the stakeholders involved, and their role (s) in implementing the intervention. Include finance and staffing elements required to implement the intervention.
- Develop a marketing communication plan on how the stakeholders will be informed, kept up-to-date, etc. prior to the intervention, during the intervention, and post intervention.
- Develop a plan for measurement effectiveness of the intervention. What indicators will determine if the intervention is successful?
- Reference page.
Writing the Research Project
The Research Project:
- Must be 10 to 12 double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style
- Must include a title page
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least ten scholarly and /or peer-reviewed sources, published within the last 5 years.
- Must document all sources in APA style.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style .
Please Login or Register
to Submit the Solution for the Request