Interview a parent or guardian of a young child who attends an early childhood center program or a family home child care program.
SECTION ONE: BACKGROUND INFORMATION
· Program/Center name and classroom the child attends
· First name (only First Name) of parent being interviewed.
· Age of parent
· Number/ages of children in family (note step/half siblings)
· Length of time child/children have been enrolled in care
· Place of interview
· Persons present during interview
SECTION TWO: INTERVIEW
Use the following questions preparing for your interview but please include your own questions as well. Please be mindful that your questions MUST be related to this course, MUST not be too personal and MUST be respectful.
1) As a future teacher, what do you think is important for me to understand about how it feels to leave your child in the care of a Teacher?
2) What are the opportunities available for involvement in your child’s class?
3) How do you wish you could be involved in your child’s class?
4) What can Teachers do to help foster positive relationships with families?
SECTION THREE: TRANSCRIPT OF QUESTIONS AND RESPONSES
Write the exact questions asked followed by the answers given (using the actual words of the person being interviewed).
SECTION FOUR: REFLECTIONS
Reflect on the interview –what did you learn? How will the information inform your work with children and families?