In this lesson, you covered topics in structure, human resources and culture. The purpose of this information is to give you focus with reference to the real world assignment and its application of the information learned in this lesson.
Ask Your Company
- Does your company’s culture stress the need for diversity? If not, what might they do differently?
- How would you describe your company’s culture or “personality”?
- Does your company have any policies or other formal ways that recognize a corporate culture and how to make it effective?
- Does your company appear to have good organizational culture?
- Based on what you have learned, why is culture important to understand for management? Do you think that it is something that the company you are working with has a good handle on? Why or why not?
- If you were going to work for this company, would you feel comfortable being part of this culture? Why or why not?
- If you were hired as a consultant to work with this company, would culture be something you would work on? Why or why not?
Use the Ask Yourself andAsk Your Company questions to help you..
- Culture and the role of organizational culture are very important in the scheme of things. Culture gives the workplace character and is very important in the big picture. Find out anything you can about your organization's culture. Report on this very important aspect of your company by including factors that contribute to the specific culture of your company. What types of things do they have in common with other companies, etc.?
This part of your project will focus on how your company deals with culture and diversity in it's workplace.
This can be a touchy subject for many to discuss (they want to be politically correct as possible) but the information is critical to a successfully run business.
So, ask the right questions; dig deep - get them talking !
Please Login or Register
to Submit the Solution for the Request