For this lesson, you learned more about leadership, power and politics, and conflict and negotiation. The information given below should help you focus on these aspects of organizational psychology within your company.
Ask Your Company
• How does management within your company handle conflict? Is their method effective? How could conflict resolution be improved in your company?
• Does your company have a conflict management policy? If so, could I get a copy of it? If not, what would you do to recommend they have one? What should it include?
• Do you feel that your company has more than its “fair share” of conflict? How so?
• Does your company have a person that works with negotiation of conflict? If not, would they benefit from one?
• Conflict is very common in the “real world.” This is probably because as humans, we all have a need to be right. Based on what you know and have found out about your company, how do they handle conflict?
• Companies with problems in conflict and management of conflict are not uncommon. What factors probably contribute to these problems?
• Based on what you know about your company, do you think that they have more conflict than a comparable company? What makes you think so?
• If you were a manager in this company, how would you handle conflict?
By Thursday, August 14, 2014, consider the following issue and post your thoughts and conclusions to this issue to this Discussion Area. Use the Ask Yourself andAsk Your Company questions to help you.
|$25.00||no category||illusionist||1 time(s)|