Visit any retail establishment of your choice in order to gain specific knowledge about the marketing activities of the operation. Provide a 2-3 page report on your visit using at least two references (one reference to be the textbook) to support your analysis. Suggested areas to analyze include:
1. Type of outlet (convenience, shopping specialty, etc.)
2. Location – Describe reason for specific location.
3. Customer profile – Who shops there? Target market segments?
4. Unique competitive positioning – What separates them from competition?
5. Categories of products (types, quality, brand, non-brand and assortment)
6. High, medium, low prices (example: high quality-high price)
7. Can products be easily competitively shopped at other retail stores?
8. How well is the store laid out – displays, etc.?
9. Are promotions consistent with image? Are special sales obvious?
10. Sales approach – aggressive, laid back, or in-between?
11. Is information available to help you? Do they hide prices?
12. Can you get answers easily from clerks?
13. Do sales people seem well trained?
14. Return policies and warranties?
Conclude your analysis with an assessment of the marketing activities: Do the marketing activities/decisions work to enhance business success? Use examples from your report (visit) to support your assessment.
|$40.00||no category||Vikas_SOFTUTOR||0 time(s)|