Select one (1) discussion question to initially respond to.
Module 3 Discussion
- Listen to Billy Holiday singing “Stormy Blues” (acquire through legitimate music source or web search). Then, compare this legendary blues singer with modern day blues singer Amy Winehouse singing, “Love is a Losing Game” (acquire through legitimate music source or web search) What do these singers have in common? What is different about them? Which singer moves you more?
- Of all the jazz styles that were discussed in this module, which one did you enjoy the most? Choose one of the jazz recordings that you particularly enjoyed and explain why it appealed to you.
- Jazz recordings rank slightly lower than classical recordings in volumes of sales in this country. Why do you think the jazz audience is small when compared to that of rock or pop music?
- Compare and contrast Louis Armstrong’s trumpet style with Miles Davis trumpet style playing the jazz classic “Stardust”. To listen to these two songs, acquire them through a legitimate music source or web search using the criteria:
- Miles Davis - 13 Stardust
- Louis Armstrong, His Orchestra – Stardust
Please Login or Register
to Submit the Solution for the Request