By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies:
- Competency 2: Evaluate the impact of the rise of multinational corporations.
- Evaluates and explains how the multinational corporation affects the countries in which it is located.
- Explains the expansion of the multinational corporation in other countries.
- Describes how the multinational corporation affects the social, political, and economical development in countries in which it is located.
- Competency 7: Communicate effectively in a variety of formats.
- Write coherently to support a central idea in appropriate format with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics.
It is becoming more and more common for corporations to expand on an international level, to distribute work and resources across nations, instead of being based solely in one country. This shift has had a profound effect on both national and international economies.
In this assignment, choose one of the following multinational corporations (MNCs) that you are interested in studying. You must choose from the list that you find in the Resources section for this assignment. These links are also listed in your Course Materials. You may need to research more than just the Web site to complete this assignment. Write a paper about your findings that demonstrate this organization's relevance in global politics. Include the following:
- Identify and briefly describe the multinational corporation you selected.
- Answer the following questions and provide a brief description:
- Where is the MNC based?
- What does it produce? Provide a brief description of its product and use.
- In addition to where it is based, where else does the MNC operate?
- When did it expand beyond the boundaries of its home country? Why did it expand?
- What effect has its global expansion had on the countries into which it expanded, in terms of:
- Social development.
- Political development.
- Economic development.
While content is the most important aspect of your paper; organization, readability, grammar, and spelling are also important. The length of your paper should be determined by its content, and it should follow APA format. Add headers as appropriate, include a reference page at the end of your paper, and be sure to properly cite and provide references for material you use in your paper, per APA guidelines. The paper you submit should be in a Word document or RTF format.
Please Login or Register
to Submit the Solution for the Request