According to Kouzes and Posner, leaders must clarify their values and set a good example in order to model the way for their followers.
The essentials of clarifying values include:
- Find your voice.
- Affirm shared values.
The essentials of setting the example include:
- Personify the shared values.
- Teach others to model the way.
For this discussion, complete the following:
- Select one essential of clarifying values and one of setting the example, and explain what each means to you.
- If you are in (or have been in) a leadership role, describe how your leadership behavior exemplified the practice of modeling the way. Note: Your leadership experience may have been outside the workplace.
- If you have not been in any type of leadership role, describe how you witnessed a leader of yours exemplifying the practice of modeling the way.
Kouzes, J., & Posner, B. (2012). The leadership challenge (5th ed.). San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass
Please Login or Register
to Submit the Solution for the Request