Read the attached “AEnergy Company Case Study” before completing this task.
AEnergy Company currently has operations in Fresno, California and Chicago, Illinois. Company management reviewed the company’s client list and realized that much of the company’s growth has been from an increase in clients in the eastern and southern parts of the United States. Management believes that these clients could be better served with more localized production and with sales locations in each region. The new locations would also provide an improved possibility for growth in the regional client base.
Before expansion can take place, the existing IT infrastructure will need to be evaluated to see how it needs to change to support the planned growth. You have been asked by the chief technology officer (CTO) to study the current IT infrastructure using a SWOT analysis. You will research current and emerging technologies and use your research to suggest an updated system that will resolve the identified deficiencies while also supporting the identified strengths the current system offers.
Write a technology upgrade proposal to the CTO of AEnergy Company in which you do the following:
A. Perform a SWOT analysis of the existing IT infrastructure by doing the following:
1. Evaluate the existing strengths of the current IT infrastructure.
2. Evaluate the existing weaknesses of the current IT infrastructure.
3. Analyze opportunities for updating technology within the current IT infrastructure.
4. Analyze threats that could result from continued use of the current IT infrastructure.
B. Analyze the results obtained in the SWOT analysis by doing the following:
1. Identify at least two ways to leverage the strengths of the current IT infrastructure to improve the company’s existing products and services.
a. Identify at least two opportunities within the current IT infrastructure to bring new products and services to the marketplace.
Note: An appropriate opportunity must lie within the general confines of the IT infrastructure that is currently in place (i.e., no major IT purchases). Appropriate new product or service offerings can be intended for external customers or internal business units, which are also viewed as consumers of the IT unit’s product/service offerings.
2. Discuss the weaknesses and threats in the current IT infrastructure based on their impact or potential for impact.
3. Discuss the one weakness or threat with the greatest potential for impact on the IT infrastructure.
C. Research potential solutions that could address the weakness or threat discussed in part B3.
1. Discuss your personal research strategies for identifying and evaluating current technologies.
a. Give at least two examples of current technology that could address the weakness or threat you discussed in part B3.
2. Explain how you plan to stay informed about current technologies.
a. Give at least two examples of emerging technology that could help the company gain a competitive advantage.
D. Recommend one specific IT solution that will best address the weakness or threat that you identified in part B3.
1. Justify your recommended IT solution based on your research.
Note: An appropriate justification could be provided by discussing the pros and cons of each of the alternative solutions that you identified during your research activities in Parts C and C1a.
E. When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.
Note: When bulleted points are present in the task prompt, the level of detail or support called for in the rubric refers to those bulleted points.
Note: For definitions of terms commonly used in the rubric, see the Rubric Terms web link included in the Evaluation Procedures section.
Note: When using sources to support ideas and elements in an assessment, the submission MUST include APA formatted in-text citations with a corresponding reference list for any direct quotes or paraphrasing. It is not necessary to list sources that were consulted if they have not been quoted or paraphrased in the text of the assessment.
Note: No more than a combined total of 30% of a submission can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. For tips on using APA style, please refer to the APA Handout web link included in the APA Guidelines section.
Please Login or Register
to Submit the Solution for the Request