The following resources are provided to help you complete this discussion and may be useful in completing your course assignments:
- Marr, B. (2010). The intelligent company: Five steps to success with evidence-based management. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley.
- Chapter 6, “Present and Communicate the Information,” pages 135–160.
- The "Action Checklist" for Chapter 6, pages 204–205.
Graphs, charts, and dashboards are common methods of presenting and communicating information in a business environment. Marr (2010) recommends that leaders and managers keep the target audience in mind when using a four-step process to facilitate Step 4 of the EbM model: presenting and communicating information.
Research up-to-date Internet resources related to business management graphs, charts, and dashboard designs and templates.
For your initial discussion post, address the following:
- Explain how a manager can be certain that a presentation focuses on the needs of the audience.
- Explain how Marr’s four-step process ensures that presentations are compelling and powerful enough to engage the minds of the audience.
- Identify common format choices for graphic presentations.
- Discuss one of Marr’s tips for producing useful graphics. Why would this tip be effective?
- Explain why dashboards are popular methods for business managers to communicate information.
Please Login or Register
to Submit the Solution for the Request