100% original APA format references required
The mafia is a well organized enterprise that deals with drugs, prostitution, loan sharking, and other illegal activities. They also have investments in several legal enterprises. These enterprises are usually cash-only businesses. This is one way that they can launder their monies. Ponzi schemes are also an organized enterprise. If violators are caught, they are charged under the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO).
- Address the following in 3–5 pages:
- Research mafia organizations within the United States.
- What is their involvement in the illegal drug industry? Explain.
- How are drugs transported and sold by mafia organizations within the United States? Explain.
- What criminal activities result from this drug trafficking? Explain.
- Research the Colombian drug cartel.
- What types of crimes are commonly committed by members of these types of organizations? Explain.
- Regarding criminal activities, how does international drug trafficking compare to drug trafficking within the United States?
- Compare being charged under RICO to being charged under IRS violations.
- What are the penalties of each, and is there any civil redress in either one?
- Be sure to reference all sources using APA style.
Please Login or Register
to Submit the Solution for the Request