Select three leadership theories from the following list and conduct research on them. You will use your research to complete the Leadership Theories assignment in this unit.
- Great Man Theory.
- Trait Theory.
- Role Theory.
- The Managerial Grid.
- Lewin's Leadership Style.
- Likert's Leadership Style.
- Hersey and Blanchard's Situational Leadership.
- Vroom and Yetton's Normative Model.
- House's Path-Goal Theory.
- Fiedler's Least-Preferred Coworker Theory.
- Cognitive Resource Theory.
- Strategic Contingencies Theory.
- Leader-Member Exchange (LMX) Theory.
- Bass' Transformational Leadership Theory.
- Burn's Transformational Leadership Theory.
A leader must understand how leadership theories can be used to influence and reward individuals and teams, and develop interpersonal skills that build trust.
In your paper, address the following:
In this unit's studies, you were directed to select and research three leadership theories. If you have not already done so, return to the Independent Research section of this unit's studies and complete the research. Summarize the three leadership theories that you have selected. For each of the three theories, identify the theorists, provide a context, and provide an overall synopsis.
Analyze each theory in relation to working with individuals and teams:
- How can a leader use the theory to influence and reward individuals and teams? Provide examples of how a leader might use the theory as a strategy for leading in a work environment or in a community.
- How can a leader use the theory to develop interpersonal skills for building trust? Provide examples of how a leader might use the theory as a strategy for leading in a work environment or in a community.
Please Login or Register
to Submit the Solution for the Request