Complete Part 1 and Part 2 below.
Note: Develop two separate charts--one for Part 1 and one for Part 2. Both charts will be included in one paper. The format of the paper should be:
- Title page
- Introduction and explanation of Chart I
- Chart I
- Introduction and explanation of Chart II
- Chart II
- Conclusion tying the two together.
- Reference page
- This paper must follow strict APA guidelines including title page, reference page and in text citations for all cited works.
Develop a language acquisition assessment chart that links each stage of language acquisition with assessment.
Include the following in your chart:
- The following five stages of language acquisition:
- Early production
- Speech emergence
- Intermediate fluency
- Advanced fluency
- Two appropriate assessments for each stage of language acquisition
- For example, students at the preproduction stage could draw a sketch to display their knowledge instead of answer essays.
- Explanation of how each stage's characteristics influence assessment and instructions
- You will have two columns:
- Five Stages of Language Acquisition
- Two assessments appropriate to each stage
- Your explanation will be included in the introduction to the chart.
Develop a chart for Cummins' theory of Basic Interpersonal Communication Skills (BICS) and Cognitive Academic Language Proficiency (CALP) that explains how you will adjust the assessments for the appropriate cognitive demand.
You will have three columns:
- One will be BICS
- One will be CALP
- One will be your brief explanation of how your assessments meet each cognitive demand.
- You will further explain this in your introduction to the chart.
Please Login or Register
to Submit the Solution for the Request