For this task, you will participate in a simulation with your classmates in which you are in charge of a sensor manufacturing company. You will join a few of your classmates in an executive management team to take over a struggling business. You will simulate the running of the business for the next eight years and make decisions about research and development, marketing, production, human resources, total quality management (TQM), ethics, and finance. You will be competing against other computer-generated companies to see who can best manage the company to help it grow and get back on track.
An important part of all teamwork is helping your team to be the best by leading not only those below you, but also your coworkers, and those above you in the organization. Throughout your career, you may be asked to fill out different types of colleague feedback surveys. At the end of the simulation you will be asked to fill out a peer evaluation. You are expected to fill out evaluations for all members of your team, as they are expected to fill out evaluations for you. You will have access to an average of the other team members’ evaluations of your performance.
A. Submit the completed peer evaluation report for the evaluations you received from your team members.
Note: Refer to the Capsim Step by Step Guide for detailed instructions.
B. Evaluate your personal and team performance in the simulation based on the peer evaluation report by doing the following:
1. Discuss how one of your strengths can be used in the workplace.
2. Discuss how you can improve upon one of your weaknesses in the workplace.
3. Discuss your primary functional role (e.g., research and development, marketing, production, finance) on the team.
4. Discuss one strength of your team as a whole.
5. Discuss one weakness of your team as a whole.
6. Explain the value of the team contract using one specific example.
7. Explain how you overcame a challenge you faced as a team.
8. Discuss what teamwork advice you would give to others who were beginning to work on the simulation.
9. Discuss the relevance of teamwork in the simulation to your professional development.
C. Submit a completed copy of the attached “Team Contract”.
Note: As a reminder, team contracts should be approved by the course instructors prior to starting the competition rounds.
D. When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.
Note: For definitions of terms commonly used in the rubric, see the Rubric Terms web link included in the Evaluation Procedures section.
Note: When using sources to support ideas and elements in an assessment, the submission MUST include APA formatted in-text citations with a corresponding reference list for any direct quotes or paraphrasing. It is not necessary to list sources that were consulted if they have not been quoted or paraphrased in the text of the assessment.
|$80.00||Business, Business||GoAway||1 time(s)|
|$24.00||no category||Tutor-571||0 time(s)|
|$85.00||Business, Business||GoAway||1 time(s)|