Intergovernmental Organizations and Global Politics
By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies:
- Competency 1: Examine the role and formation of supernational organizations.
- Describes an intergovernmental organization that is a type of supernational organization.
- Examines and describes the role, mission, structure, and activities of the IGO.
- Explains the role and power of the membering nations of the IGO.
- Competency 7: Communicate effectively in a variety of formats.
- Write coherently to support a central idea in appropriate format with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics.
Intergovernmental organizations (IGOs), which are a type of supernational organization, have only emerged in about the past 50 years or so. However, they have made a tremendous impact on world politics and peacekeeping, alike.
In this assignment, choose one intergovernmental organizations to learn more about, and explore its Web site. You can choose one from the list in the Resources section for this activity, or you can select another that is particularly interesting to you. These Web sites are also listed in your Course Materials. You may need to research more than just the Web site to complete this assignment. Write a paper about your findings that demonstrate this organization's relevance in global politics. Include the following:
- Identify and briefly describe the intergovernmental organization you selected.
- Describe the organization's:
- Founding and origination.
- Scope of activities.
- Overall success—or lack thereof.
While content is the most important aspect of your paper; organization, readability, grammar, and spelling are also important. The length of your paper should be determined by its content, and it should follow APA format. Add headers as appropriate, include a reference page at the end of your paper, and be sure to properly cite and use references for material you use in your paper, per APA guidelines. The paper you submit should be in a Word document or RTF format.
Please Login or Register
to Submit the Solution for the Request