Create a new 2010 Operating Budget Projection based on your labor
decision from the Nursing Statistics memo.
Create a 15- to 20-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation with
detailed speaker notes in which you do the following:
• Present your 2010 Operating Budget Projection. Include an
introduction in which you do the following:
• Differentiate between managerial accounting and financial
• Explain generally accepted accounting principles applied to the
health care industry and how they are applied to your Operating Budget
• Justify your decision. Include numbers from the organization to
support your analysis, such as numbers related to accounting
principals, fiscal management, the balance sheet, and so on.
• Analyze the effect of your decision on the operating budget.
• What is the opportunity cost of your decision?
• How does budget performance affect patient care and employee
• How are finance and accounting related to an operating budget?
• Explain the role of cost measurement in maintaining the operating
and capital budgets via variance analysis.