The following resources are provided to help you complete this discussion and may be useful in completing your course assignments:
- Marr, B. (2010). The intelligent company: Five steps to success with evidence-based management. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley.
- Chapter 5, “Analyze the Data and Gain Insights,” pages 101–132.
- The "Action Checklist" for Chapter 5, pages 202–204.
- Bernard Marr & Co. (n.d.). . Retrieved from https://www.bernardmarr.com/default.asp?contentID=1418
- . (n.d.). Retrieved from https://ehrintelligence.com
- Note: you may need to sign up with an e-mail address in order to have full access to this site.
- Healthcare IT News. (2018). . Retrieved from https://www.healthcareitnews.com/category/resource-topic/analytics
- . (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.healthdatamanagement.com
In 2010, Marr stated, “Most organizations are still more focused on simply collecting and distributing data than in doing any meaningful analysis” (p. 202). Since that time, technology has continued to rapidly advance. Support for health care leaders related to collection and analysis options for data and information has expanded as well.
Prepare for this discussion by researching the websites provided in the resources to increase your awareness of the current state of data collection and analysis in health care management. Then, locate and study a current article, blog, webcast, interview, or other source of information that addresses an issue, expert opinion, tool, new development, or future trend related to data analysis in the health care industry.
For your initial discussion post, address the following:
- Provide the APA citation and URL (if applicable) of the source and summarize its content.
- Explain how this information offers value to leaders managing in health care organizations.
- Consider your investigation of the websites linked in the Resources.
- Based on this research and examination of information, do you think Marr’s statement above is still valid today in the health care industry? Explain your position.
Support your ideas with references from the resources and your own research. Follow guidelines for references and citations.
Please Login or Register
to Submit the Solution for the Request